Posted November 7, 2013 and you may apply for this position until this posting is removed.
This is a chance to break out of the big agency slow lane, escape roles that limit your participation and be truly involved with clients, teams and the projects on which we collaborate. In addition to project management and account management you will impact strategy. Forget layers of management – this position works directly with our other designers and developers doing the work, and just as directly with our clients.
- Provide superior service to Creed clients to help move them smoothly in the digital space and be successful in their online presence.
- Give direction to a team of designers and developers.
- Direct client projects from inception to completion.
- Manage budgets, timelines, client deliverables, and contractors.
- Maintain organization, using tools like BaseCamp, status meetings, time tracking software, and technology platforms.
- Make process decisions including job numbers, flow charts, and documentation.
- Perform quality assurance testing on assigned projects and initiate and manage bug tracking on sites.
- Work as a business analyst as necessary to implement new systems and technologies for clients and create documentation, training, and provide support as needed.
- Manage projects to achieve client satisfaction and profitability.
- Work with the Director of Operations to manage assigned projects and serve assigned clients well.
- Be All In. This means being all invested, all into interactive, all into client projects, all in learning new technologies, and all into teamwork and huddling with other talented people to share best practices.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of project management experience in an agency and/or technology environment.
- Strong problem solving and self-management skills.
- Experience in an agency environment is a plus.
- A technically savvy mindset and ability to learn and adapt quickly to projects.
- A background in managing the creation of complex technical projects.
- Knowledge of interactive project lifecycles and processes.
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes related to interactive project development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
Think you might want to join us? Here are 5 things that are different when you work at Creed.
1.) A true chance to make a difference
At Creed, you can truly make a difference. Being a growing web design and development shop we keep things fresh and new allowing each team member to contribute in a fashion that makes a difference. You can work directly with clients without layers of management or bureaucracy. You can collaborate with team members and choose what technologies to use to write your code. You can work on new and interesting projects that our client’s will greatly benefit from. And, you can help contribute to the Creed dream to help make our group what you’d want it to be.
2.) Working with mad-crazy talented people
When we started Creed, we went out to find all the most talented web designers and web developers that we have ever worked with. And, we asked them to join us. Many of them did, and we get to work with the most talented people we have ever worked with every day. We not only want talent, but we also encourage growth and ambition, so much so that when one of our web developers was having a challenge he couldn’t quite solve, he applied to a Stanford data-mining program, got in and is now working with the smartest people in the world to solve this unique challenge. Our designers have a resume of all the best ad agencies and web design shops in town and puts together PSD files for development cleanly laid out with roll-over states and everything. But we don’t let pedigree or accomplishments go to our head. We try to bring a collaborative spirit to all of our work and are approachable and willing to help each other out with some of our best conversations happening over happy hour after work.
3.) Work from home 3 days a week
Yeah, you read it right. We currently only come in to the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Those days are devoted to collaboration and team communication. As long as you make yourself available, the rest of the time you can work where ever you are most comfortable — at home, a coffee shop, or out at the lake. We are a group of people that like to get things done in an efficient and open environment. Why deal with extra layers of management and red tape if you don’t have to? Work in a process that is tailored to our clients and our own preferences.
4.) Learn and grow in new skill sets
By collaborating with our team, you can learn and grow in your skill set. We try to make it a point to attend conferences and training opportunities as we can and have a modest budget set aside to do so. By having lead developers and supporting developers on projects, you can be assigned as a supporting developer on a project that is a technology that you’d like to learn more about and can have a real live person to ask questions to. We like to take on interesting projects too — e-commerce, CMS, custom web apps, data algorithms, new JQuery and HTML5 sites, Drupal installs, and things that haven’t been done before.
5.) Be a real person
We like to work hard but we also like to have balance in our lives. Weekends should be for spending time with family and friends, not to be burned through at the office. We bring our dogs to work — how is that for balance? We make an intentional effort to respect and value each of our team members and want to take care of them. Grab a free pop and snack in our kitchenette during a break in the action. Spend some time choosing the best health insurance plan for you and your family and we’ll pick up the tab. Work remotely on an overseas trip for a week and tack on a vacation afterwards. Have your cell phone bill picked up by us. We value our team and want to allow our team members to be real people. We are hiring for an interactive project manager. We are looking for a good communicator who takes pride in his or her work and who would enjoy working with host of technologies.
Send resume and salary requirements to info[at]creedinteractive.com